Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn

Autumn is probably my favorite season. I love the feeling that the year is established, that it has proven itself. The joyous energy of spring has gone away, leaving in its place the warm lazy days of summer when the heat makes you wish for winter-though not really-and evenings are spent reading in the green light filtering through the leafy canopy into your bedroom. Now it's autumn, a patient comfortable time when everything is tucking up for a long sleep. Yes, I love Autumn.

This is also the time when we start baking quite a lot again; quick breads and casseroles, cookies and pies. The oven warms the place nicely and the aroma of browning crusts drifts on airy wings into every corner and nook.

I'm not a professional baker, now, but there are some things I've learned that may be useful to some of you out there. I hope it will be. There is an egg allergy in our family, so I've learned-even though I like eggs-to cook and bake without them. Which is difficult. We've spent quite a while collecting recipes that actually turn out well! I want to share them with those of you who, either because of your own allergy or a family member's, can't have eggs but still would love to delight in the joys of baking. So those posts are in the making, and will be coming out in the next few weeks.

God bless all of you, and know you're in my prayers. Let yourself rejoice in Him, and He will bring joy to you.

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to have the opportunity to hear your thoughts, and get to know you a little better :)